Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Round 1

Unfortunately, I come back with yet another post. I had hoped that the last post would be the last post ever regarding cancer, but as we all know, remission in cancer is a tenuous reality.

You have all been so vocal in your caring, your warmth and your love for Shirley, that it seemed necessary to me, to update this blog regarding my mom's health. She started experiencing some pain beginning of November. The doctors, in response to this pain, decided that chemotherapy was the best course of action to take. So, Shirley began her first round of chemo a couple of days before Thanksgiving (November 26). She finished it that same week. It has left her pretty weak.

But to know Shirley is to know a warrior, a fighter with a heart larger than the universe. She continues to fight and is on her road to recovery from her first round of chemo. She is scheduled to start another round of chemo a few days before christmas.

Thankfully, we find that we are surrounded by friends, family and a lot of love and support in our special city by the bay.

7 comments:

bourgogneboy said...

Warmest wishes from Hong Kong. I am sure all members of the ISF Academy community join with me in wishing Shirley another successful battle against the cancer and a very speedy recovery. Our thoughts and prayers are with her.

Unknown said...

Shirley, 加油!! Please remember 廖雲老師 also went through cancer recurrence a couple of times and each time she has return to good health. We know you will be successful in regaining your good health also. Our warmest wishes and support from your fellow students. Your are in our daily practice and prayers.

Unknown said...

I'm a mother of ISFA's Student.I worked as a oncology nurse.Just want to send our warmest wishes to Miss Shirley.My mum also diagnosised with such cancer in five years ago and doctor said she had only got 2months life after the operation. And it is amazing that she still here with us even she had overcome some complication or pain within this few years. We are proud of her , especially her "brave" & "believe". She said "Tumour, you are just a part of my body but doesn't mean you can control my body. I'm the master and happy to share my body with you as long as I can!" . Please 加油, Miss Shirley!

Unknown said...

Hi Shirley,
I'm also a mom of ISF student. Always wondered how you have been and glad to see the posts here. Like to say we do care and missed you, miss your confident laughters , humour and love for the school.
Hang on there as there is always a brighter day tomorrow.
Betty

Unknown said...

greeting for you
wow good posting miss Shirley...ok 加油!! i was follow your blog if you agree follow back me and i was put your links name in my friends links thanxs alot

Penghuni 60 said...

hello, I'm here...visit U...

Lina CahNdeso said...

These comments are absolutely nothing to do with your posting, I just wanted to tell, that I've become your follower Number 8. When you did not mind, so good follow behind me also. Thanks