Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Welcome


Some background information:

Shirley Lee is currently the principal of the ISF Academy in Hong Kong. She has been in this position for the last 3 years and is currently in her 4th year in this position.

Prior to this, she is probably the most well known for being the founding director of the Chinese American International School in San Francisco, a bilingual and multicultural experiment that has become a model for schools around the world.

This blog has been created because Shirley Lee was diagnosed with metastatic cancer on August 27, 2008. And there has been so much concern and love from colleagues, students and friends that it seems only fitting to have a website that keeps everybody up to date on my mom's progress in her treatments and the evolution of my mom's health status.

Who I am:

My name is Lily Panyacosit Alisse, and I am Shirley's daughter. I live in Hong Kong as well (funny how life works that way, given that it was a lot of luck for us to land in the same city as my mom) and take care of my two daughters (i.e. Shirley's 2 granddaughters!) at home.

Shirley also has one son, Tawal Panyacosit, who is currently Director for API Equality (don't forget to vote NO on Prop 8!) in San Francisco.

No comments: